School Staff 2017-2018
- Principal: Mrs Bernie Farrell
- Second Class Teachers: Ms Anne Brady and Ms Sarah Reilly
- Third Class Teachers: Ms Rachel McNally and Mrs Roisin Treanor
- Fourth Class Teachers: Mrs Una Cunningham and Mrs Róisin Treanor
- Fifth Class Teachers: Mrs Amanda McGeown and Ms Niamh Coyle
- Sixth Class Teachers: Ms Rosemary Holland and Ms Caroline Deery
- Special Education Teachers: Mrs Irene Flynn, Mrs Margaret Hannon, Mrs Carmel Gallagher, Mrs Tina McKenna, Mrs Anne Healy, Ms Una O'Reilly and Mrs Aoife Foster.
- Special Needs Assistants: Mrs Veronica Dowd and Mrs Laura Dunlop
- Secretary: Ms Tracey Mullen
- Caretaker: Mr Stephen Fanning
- Family School Liaison Officer: Mr David McCague
- Chaplain: Rev. Stephen Duffy
Attendance Awards 2017
At the end of the Student Council Assembly, our Family-School Liaison Officer, David McCague, presented the Annual Attendance Awards. Two girls, Hazel & Jessica received certificates for improved attendance, while 17 gi...
Student Council Assembly
The Student Council members have been very busy during the last month. They produced their own newsletter which was sent home to all our families and they also worked with Mrs Farrell on a special assembly w...
Well done to two of our 2nd class girls, Eimear and Ava, who represented the school at a Swimming Gala in the Coral Leisure Centre on Saturday, June 17th. Eimear won two silver medals for the front crawl&...
St. Louis Raises its New Healthy Schools' Flag
The staff and pupils of St. Louis GNS are very proud to announce that we have secured the status of a Health Promoting School. In a special ceremony held on Friday last, June 16th the school community gathered in the hall for an assem...
Bike Week Activities
National Bike Week 2017 took place from 10th to 18th June. On Friday 16th, Gabriel Bell of Emyvale Cycling Club delivered a talk on Bike Safety to our two sixth classes. Afterwards, Gabriel and Miss O'Reilly took a group of nine g...
St. Louis win the Athletics Shield!
The Athletics Team won the shield at the County Primary Schools' Track and Field Competition for the best school in the Girls' Large Schools' category. The team members are Caragh, Katie, Julija, Ava, Daisy, Niamh, Jeanette, ...
Throughout the month of May Mrs Hannon ran a Handball Competition for all our classes. She invited Martin McEntee of Monaghan Harps to come to the school on Wednesday 7th June to referee the final in each class. The whole school gather...
ATP Committee do some gardening
On Friday, 2nd June, Mrs Healy and some of the junior members of the Action Team Partnership Committee undertook the task of replanting the flower pots at the entrance of the school. They busied themselves weeding, plantin...
Launch of Bike Week and Greenway
Four of our 5th class girls: Victoria, Aoife, Neeharika and Rhiain were chosen to represent the school at the joint Launch of the Ulster Canal Greenway and the Launch of Bikeweek 2017. The event took place on Friday, 2nd June at the Monumen...